GLOBAL DEFATTED RICE BRAN MARKET (2024 - 2030)
As per our research report, the global Defatted Rice Bran Market size is estimated to be growing at a CAGR of 3% from 2024 to 2030.
Defatted rice bran is a derivative of milled rice that is used in applications including food & beverage, animal feed, cosmetics and personal care, biofuel, pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals, and others. Rice is an extremely important and popular crop and rice output reached a record 1308.37 lakh tonnes in 2023. This increases the production of defatted rice bran. The Defatted Rice Bran Market is expected to grow significantly in the coming years due to evolving dietary preferences, heightened health consciousness, and advancements in food processing technologies. Defatted rice bran is rich in nutrients like vitamins, antioxidants, proteins, fatty acids, fiber, starch, iron, and polysaccharides and helps in lowering cholesterol, aiding digestive health, controlling blood sugar, and supporting weight management. It provides an energy boost and contributes to improved gut health. The rising popularity of veganism, health benefits, sustainable production practices, diverse applications, innovations in processing and formulations, and large and growing rice production are the main drivers for the Defatted Rice Bran Market.
The COVID-19 pandemic had a significant impact on the Defatted Rice Bran Market. There were supply chain disruptions, restrictions, lockdowns, and other safety measures. This resulted in delays and temporary shutdowns in the production and distribution of defatted rice bran and its derivatives. Many processing and manufacturing mills faced operational difficulties. This impacted the overall production capacity. The pandemic heightened increased focus on health and wellness. This led to a surge in health-promoting ingredients like defatted rice bran due to its nutritional benefits. There was a resurgence in demand for health products. Post-pandemic the market for Defatted Rice Bran Market witnessed an increase in the adoption of sustainable production practices.
The restraints to the Defatted Rice Bran Market mainly include consumer acceptance, insufficient data availability, limited testing facilities, and associated costs.
KEY MARKET INSIGHTS:
- Based on market segmentation by nature, the conventional segment holds the highest share of the market. It has an exceeding global share of 85% of the total market. This is mainly due to the increasing demand for larger rice production. Wider availability and easy accessibility are other factors for the market growth. Also, the conventional is the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period. This is mainly due to factors such as cost-effectiveness, popularity, and familiarity with conventional Defatted Rice Bran. However, the organic segment is also witnessing stable growth. This is mainly due to increasing organic farming practices, sustainability, and growing consumer awareness of organic food items.
- Based on market segmentation by application, the food and beverage segment holds the highest share of the market. It has a market share ranging from 40% to 50% of the total market. This is mainly due to the high amount of protein, and nutritional values like removed fat, calories, carbohydrate, phospholipids, and various minerals in Defatted rice bran. This demands more products like snacks, bars, and cereals made of them. It is used in various formulations. It is also used to make pre-workout beverages. Growing health consciousness and sustainable and environment-friendly option are boosting their popularity. However, Animal feed is the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period. It has around a market share ranging from 30-40% of the total market. Defatted rice bran helps to increase animal feed texture and fiber content. It also helps to increase and accelerate the animal's growth rate. It is cost-effective.
- Based on market segmentation by region, Asia Pacific holds the highest share of the Defatted Rice Bran market. It has the largest share of 60%. This is due to many factors. Asia Pacific is a developing region with advanced large-scale commercial farms and records high cultivation of rice. Countries like China, India, Indonesia, and Japan have the highest share of the market. These countries are the largest exporters of rice compared to all other countries in the world. Rice is a popular and traditional food consumed by Asian people. Rice is an inevitable food item in their diet. Also, Asia Pacific is the fastest-growing region during the forecast period. This is mainly due to the increasing agricultural practices, favorable climate conditions, and high demand for rice which leads to increasing cultivation of rice. Technologies, urbanization, economy, and industrialization of the Asia Pacific region also boost the Defatted Rice Bran market. Health benefits of Defatted rice bran, wellness trends, and veganism also contribute to the increasing popularity of Defatted rice bran.
- Companies playing a leading role in the Global Defatted Rice Bran Market profiled in this report are – Riceland Foods, BCL Industries & Infrastructure Ltd., and Vaighai Agro Products Ltd.
- Food & Beverage
- Animal Feed
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Pharmaceuticals & Nutraceuticals
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- Middle East and Africa